Sevcon Configuration Software – DVT
Gen4 motor controllers are highly configurable.
They can be configured with the PC software called Device Verification Tool (DVT)
To communicate between PC and Gen4 an IXXAT USB to CAN Interface V2 is required. No other brand or device will work.
The following devices are compatible with DVT:
- Gen4 Size 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
- Gen5 Size 9
- HV DCDC
Downloading, Installing, and Activating DVT
DVT requires a license which we can supply. The license is per computer so it recommended that you install it on a laptop for portability
The process to download, install, and activate DVT is as follows:
- Download the latest version of DVT [Link provided after purchase]
- Install DVT on your PC (including the IXXAT drivers if they are not already installed)
- Open the software and you will be prompted with two options, select Step 1 to generate an activation key
- Fill out the license request:
- Copy the activation data and send it via email to [Email provided after purchase]. It usually takes around 24hrs for a licence request to be approved.
- Once you’ve received your licence file save it in the same folder as you installed DVT (usually C:BorgWarner). Do not change the name of the licence file
- Open DVT and select Step 2. Choose the license.lic file from step 6
- You have now successfully activated DVT